Friday, August 22, 2014

Why is my baby insisting on growing up??

This week my son became a grown man. Well, a miniature man, a 5th grader. I looked at him after he got ready for his first day of school and I wondered where my little boy went. It feels like just yesterday he was getting on the kindergarten bus for the first time.
I remember that day clearly. He wanted me to come on the bus with him to see his seat and insisted on doing his seat-belt all by himself. It was a bit of a challenge for him but he did it. I was so proud of him. I cried when the bus drove away too. Then he came home just beaming from ear to ear because his day was "super awesome"
Now he is a 5th grader. In just a handful of months he will be done with elementary school and I will have a middle schooler on my hands! I am not sure I am ready for that!!
I have a running count down in my head that goes as follows:
1 year until middle school
4 years until high school
5 years until learners permit
6 years until license
7 years until senior year
11 years until college graduation
but forever he will be my baby, my little man, my Booger.
I don't care how old he gets!
My baby from K-5

Winter Break during Kindergarten

Fall of 1st grade

Spending time with my mom during 2nd grade

1st day of 3rd grade

Fall picture day of 4th grade

1st day of 5th grade.

Where did my baby go? My adorable, sleeps on my chest, pisses on my brother, pukes on my mom, little baby boy,
This was just yesterday. I swear it.
I may have my struggles with raising him, practically by myself, but I love him so much and can't imagine my life without him. While there are days I wish I could get the first few years back to do them right, I couldn't be more happy. He has grown into such a polite and loving young man.
In 3rd grade when he learned about recycling and the ecosystem he would tell me all about it, insist that we recycle, and get so upset when people would litter on the roads. He would tell me his plans for getting more natural and safe energy so we could save the planet. He would tell me how he would make it to where trucks and cars could no longer emit black smoke when they need to be worked on. He would complain that the government needs to focus more on how to safe our country with more wind turbines and solar panels available to anyone that has the space for them.
Smart little brat isn't he? :)
As much as I don't want him to grow up I can't wait to see how much my little man changes the world for the better.



*I always want to say thank you to my family for helping me raise this blessing. I was 19 when I got pregnant with him and not emotionally ready to handle taking care of another life. If it wasn't for you I don't know what I would have done! I love you guys!!
Booger and my dad 2004

Booger and my brother 2004

Booger and my mom 2006

Booger and my dad 2006

Booger, my brother, my dad, and a neighbor (his babysitter) 2006

Booger and my dad 2012

Booger and my brother 2012


No comments:

Post a Comment