Friday, August 17, 2012

Boy Bands of the 90s

So I was reminiscing about my childhood the other day and it make me think to write a short and simple blog about the boy bands I listened to growing up. I am going to list the 16 boy bands of the 90s and post what I liked about them, a photo, and a link to my favorite songs by them. Enjoy and walk down memory lane with me!

First we start with my favorite boy band EVER! I was obsessed with them. I knew everything about them. Each birthday, their entire name. Two of the members went by middle names. I also knew what they slept in and what color tooth brush they used. Back when floppies were still around, I had about 20 filled with pictures and articles from the computer. I had hoped to make a fan site for them, but that was back with you HAD to know HTML or you were screwed, so I never got around to it. That band is Hanson. And, yes I still love them :) Just ordered some Hanson stuff of Amazon the other day :)
Hanson: This Time Around

My next favorite boy band followed very closely with Hanson. I had the hugest crush on Howie. I wanted to marry him and have his babies. I had a friend in HS who had family that lived in the same town that AJ was from so I always wanted to go with her on family vacation in hopes to run into the band. I had pictures of them plastered all over my bedroom wall. Which means my brother did too, since we shared a room until we were 12 and 13.  I thought the music was amazing and all the boys were hot. Usually there is always one that is not attractive, but not the case with this band. That would be Backstreet Boys!

Almost tied with BSB is the next group. In HS my friends were equally divided on BSB and this next group. So with some of my friends I only listening to BSB with the others I only listened to the next group. But in all actuality I loved both Equally. They had equal square foot coverage on my wall as well. I should just say that my walls were COVERED in boy band pictures and the heart throb actors I was in love with in the 90s as well. This next group is N'Sync.

When I was a little girl I always tried to pull the 80s into the 90s since I was born right in the middle of the 80s. I felt like I had missed out. I still listened to M C Hammer, Vanilla Ice, and this next band. I had a doll of my favorite member. When the band split I ripped the dolls head off and flushed it down the toilet I was so upset. I had a live tv concert taped that I would watch to feel like I was there watching them sing and dance right in front of me. Then my mom taped over it and pretty much told me to get over it. I was so upset I locked myself in my room for two days. Of course I could only be talking about NKOTB!

This next group I loved for the simple fact that they are from my town, Cincinnati! They still come here to visit family and are seen all around town. The 'ugly' member was my favorite only because my dad used to work with his uncle. I never met him, but I felt like I knew him because of the whole "three degrees of separation" aspect. This could only be 98 Degrees :)


I watched this next group on Making the Band. The ONLY season I ever watched. To be honest I only watched because I thought they were hot as hell. A few years later I learned that my friend (who lived in the apartment under my first apartment) went to the same college as one of the members and was in the same choir class as him as well. I later learned she knew and met MANY celebrities. George Clooney's mom (from Cincinnati as well) used to babysit her mom. Its a shame this group split up so quick too! I am talking about O*Town. 

This next group, I only liked one song of theirs but I listened to it all the time. I thought they were cute also. Ok I was, and still, am boy crazy. One of the members later died of a seizure due to his leukemia, which I didn't know about until two days ago. Here is LFO!

I only listened to this group because I liked one of the members on Sister, Sister. Roger was a great character on the show. There music was pretty decent as well. I only listened to about 3 of their songs. The group is Immature.

I never listened to this group, but I can't leave them out. They are a boy band of the 90s. Imajin.


This group has one song that I liked. I used to drive my parents insane (my brother too) by playing this song and singing as loud as I possible could. I am NOT a singer but I really don't care when there is a song I love. Take That is the group of course!

My absolute favorite not so boyish boy band. To me, when I was younger, these were MEN not BOYS. Boyz II Men!

This group started out as a Christian Group and they were my other "hanson" group. I loved the fact that is was four brothers and that two of them were twins. I thought that gave them a nice edge on everyone else that had boy bands with friends and cousins out there. You never really heard from them for that long. I honestly don't remember ever hearing their songs on the radio. I don't remember how I stumbled across them either. They also come across like they were not sure what to do being in the lime light. So, here is The Moffatts.

This next group was not a real boy band, but they were making fun of boy bands. Also BEST FUCKING MOVIE EVER!!! I could only be talking about the one and only 2GETHER! Also, Jerry was on one of my favorite TLC home renovation shows as a host for a while :)


The last three I never really listened to, but I can't leave them out. So I will just post a link to the song I like and their picture :)

Boyzone

New Edition

BBmak, I do still love this song and their accents are freakin hot!

I hope you enjoyed my walk down memory lane :) Please join me next time!








No comments:

Post a Comment