Friday, August 3, 2012

Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetle......


I absolutely LOVE scary movies. I would watch more than I do now if I felt like actually paying for them. I have seen some that give me nightmares (Nightmare on Elm Street) and some that make me wish I had never seen them because they sucked so bad (Paranormal Activity). I also love paranormal TV shows (Ghost Hunters, Destination Truth) and I could, literally, watch them all freaking day. However, if I watch too many of them in a short period of time I tend to get a little freaked out. The kind of "holy shit there is a ghost staring at me in that dark corner" kind of freaked out.

I just spent a few hours watching "School Spirits" and of course as soon as I discover this show it is the stinking season finale. I did get to watch two of the older episodes as well. After three hours of watching "School Spirits" then an episode of "Haunted Collector" I started to get into that "Holy crap!" mode. Walking through the apartment to get to the bathroom I was looking everywhere and turning on lights before I entered the room and was half expecting to see someone standing there staring at me. While I was talking to a friend about this it made me think back to other times I felt like this. So I am going to share some of the moments in my life where I had myself convinced I was either going to be brutally murdered or see a ghost.

When I was 18 I had just gotten my license. Yeah, I refused to get it when I was 16 because I was NOT going to pay for driving school, so I waited till I was 18 and didn't have to have driving classes. Anyways, I wanted to do nothing but spend my time driving  anywhere and everywhere. There were times where I would just leave to drive around the town I lived in. We lived in a country town when I was 18 and it was full or dark, hilly, curvy, solitary roads. I loved it in the day time. I would have my windows down, radio blaring, and speeding (normally 60-70mph) and just enjoying my time. At night it was a different story. There was one time where I was driving down one of the roads that led back to our house. There was a hill that was steep going down, a train track you had to stop at before you could go, then a steep hill back up the other side with a blind turn. The closer I got to this hill leading down the more I started to feel anxious. I hyperventilate, roll up my windows as tight as I could get them, and lock all the doors. When I stop in the bottom of this hill (a nice deep valley) for the train track I get this overwhelming sense that I am about to meet my death. I kept expecting some dude with a metal hook and a rusty machete to come running at my truck screaming that he is going to murder me then skin me. Needless to say I did not stay stopped very long and sped up that hill as fast as I could screaming "YOU'RE NOT GOING TO KILL ME FUCKER!!!"

When I was 19 I had my own apartment (got kicked out of my parents house) and my friends had invited me along to go see the movie "Darkness Falls." I was so excited to get to watch a scary movie about the tooth fairy. I still do not get to live down what happened that night when I got home. Anyone that has seen this movie knows that if you see the Tooth Fairies face she will continue to haunt you until she kills you, but she can not go into the light. The entire way home I am trying to figure out if I had left the lights on in my apartment and if I had not how the hell can I get to my room without being in the dark. I get home, unlock my door, open the door, and TOTAL DARKNESS! I seriously stood in my doorway, under a light, for 3 minutes trying to figure if I could turn the light on without being in the dark. So I get my living room light turn on and walk in. Ok, now the walk to my room was dark. Turn on the kitchen light, turn off living room light, stop before I get to the bathroom. Reach my hand into the bathroom to turn the light on, turn the kitchen light off, stop before entering the bedroom. Shit, the light for my bedroom is next to my bed. So I run, screaming, to my bed to turn on the light. After I get that light turned on I walk back to the bathroom to turn off that light. I get ready for bed and crawl in ready to get some sleep and forget about the movie I just recently finished. I am not in bed for 10 minutes before it hits me that I have to pee so bad. I lay in my bed for another 10 minutes trying to convince myself that if I just ignore it I can get to sleep because it is too much work to get to the bathroom safely. Oh, can't forget, my head was under the covers the whole time to insure that I didn't accidentally see the Tooth Fairy. I ended up grabbing my lamp and carrying it as far as the cord would let me, which was the middle of the room, then hightailing it to the bathroom. After I was done I ran to my bed, jumped in, threw the covers over my head, and slept with the light on. I felt like Rocky in the morning because I was still alive and the Tooth Fairy didn't kill me.

When I was 22 I was home alone with my son, who was 2 at the time, and I ended up waking up at 2 in the morning. I thought it would be a GREAT idea to watch whatever scary movie was on at the time (I forget which one it was). After watching it, and being tired beyond belief, I swore that everywhere I looked I saw faces staring at me, I thought people were looking in the windows as well. I walked through the entire house turning on every single light, except my room, and made sure all the windows and doors were locked. The way the house was set up we had FIVE doors leading outside so there were a lot of doors to make sure were closed tight and locked. I tend to get paranoid when I am extremely tired, and that was me this night. I sat in the middle of the living room singing as loud as I could, without waking up my son, "This little light of mine" to make sure that I not only had physically light in the house but spiritual as well. My dad came home from work about an hour later and just stood in the doorway for what felt like 5 minutes staring at me and asking if I had escaped from the mental institute.

There are so many more stories like this. I am going to have to write another blog about this. I can't even believe I am sharing these, but I hope that you enjoy my idiotness and someone can relate to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment