Thursday, October 24, 2019

Could things be looking up?

Friday my son had a mini win!!
I had to go to his school to do intake for what is called the H3 Academy, which is run by a counselor from where I’d love to get my son into school. It’s a small group thing that counts as a credit for my son. Anyways, he sat in the room while we did the intake, talked, answered questions, and everything for TWO HOURS!!! He even had permission to go sit on the car whenever it got to be too much for him.
I was so proud of him!
I could tell he was anxious and wanted to leave when we got there, but the longer we spoke to the lady that runs the group there more I saw him ease up. He never fully relaxed, but he was no longer on the verge of a panic attack. Sadly we found out he also more than likely has PTSD do to all the shit he had been through in his short 15 years of life.
After how well he did on Friday the goal was to have him at least attend that class on Monday, but the poor kid get sick Sunday night and never made it. Now we try again next Monday since there is no school the rest of the week.

Today I got a phone call from two woman from the local Children’s Hospital who work as liaisons, they got word of how much school my son has missed, not sure how, and wanted to call to see what they could do the help out. After speaking to me they are going to call my sons school and speak with them to come up with a plan, based off my sons medical history, to come up with the best course of action to make school as successful for him as possible.

We might finally be moving in the right direction!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment