Saturday, March 23, 2013

What my future could have been

So my ex husband and his oldest daughter came over today to spend time with Booger. Booger and his sister are freaking nuts when they are together lol. So, we decided to take the kids to the park and today I got a glimpse of what my life would have been like if we had stayed married and I was still her step-mom. Before we get out the door Booger's sister decides she is hungry and gives me the puppy dog eyes followed by "I'm just so hungry, daddy has no money to take me to get food, and my grandma never has anything in the house to eat." So I tell her we can go to the pony keg and get a snack before we go to the park. So she and Booger get a bag of toys ready and we head out. 

The entire 3 minute walk to the pony keg Booger and his sister are sword fighting with me and their dad telling them no sword fighting until we get to the park. In the pony keg it took them 10 minutes to pick out the one thing they wanted. I spent another 3 minutes helping her dig through a purse of Easter eggs to find the one that had a dollar in it. We find the dollar, put all the egg back in her purse, and she says that she can't find the egg that had change in it. So, the purse gets dumped out and we go through every egg AGAIN! This time I find an egg with a dead worm wrapped around a piece of chocolate, TRASH! There was no egg with change in it, she put the change in her pocket. Onward to the park!

Booger's sister notices as we are half way to the park that he has a drink and she is now thirsty. So her dad gets her something to drink out of his car. Booger and his sister continue to sword fight while I say no sword fighting till we get to the park. I ended up taking swords away 30 seconds later We get to the park and within 3 minutes she has to use the bathroom. So I ask my ex if he wants to walk her back to go or if he wants me to and she promptly replies with "Never mind I'm good" then runs off to go play. Booger and his sister are running around the park like chickens with their head cut off for a solid 30 minutes. Then they end up in the sand pit and try to see who can dig the largest hole, in which one of the holes eats one of the swords so my ex had to help them find the sword before we could leave.

We start walking back to my apartment and the kids are screaming at the top of their lungs and blaming it on the other the entire walk home. By the time I sat down on the couch I was ready for a nap. I thought dealing with one hyper kid was tiring, I WAS WRONG! As tired as I was it was a great day. I wish I had more days like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment