Friday, January 31, 2014

Valentines Day Makes My Head Hurt

Nothing reminds a mother more that Valentines day is around the corner than going to the store and walking straight into the wall 'o valentines for school aged kids. I spent 10 minutes trying to pick out one I thought my son would like because there is no point in taking him and asking. All I get from him is "this is stupid. I don't care. I don't like any of these!"

Then I had to remember how many kids were in his class so I knew if I needed the 16ct or the 32ct, which also decided if the kids got stickers or pencils with theirs because the 32ct doesn't give you pencils like the 16ct, but I'm not buying two 16ct boxes when I can get one box of 32ct for the same exact price.

So after feeling like I just gave my brain a work out making the most difficult and time consuming decision of the first 2 months of the year I walked away with 32ct Angry Birds Space that comes with tattoos and a BONUS STICKER SHEET! Of course the damn stickers are meant to keep the stupid valentines closed.

I do have to say I like that now every single child gets a card because they have to bring one for each student. Back in my day you only brought them for the kids you liked. Therefor, I only got two. One from myself, to try and trick people into thinking I was given one by someone, and one from my teacher. Even the people I considered my 'friends' never brought me a card. I would hand make my cards for my friends and the guy friends I thought were cute but didn't want to tell (this was in high school too).

In middle school they started selling carnations that you could have hand delivered by someone on the student council to whomever you wanted. I would buy one or two for myself (again to try and deceive people) and one for each 'friend'. You know how many I was given legitimately? ZERO! I have also been single every single valentines day in the 14 years I have been old enough to date. I am not a fan of this holiday at all. But my son enjoys the activities at his school so that makes it tolerable. It still makes my head hurt though!

No comments:

Post a Comment