Monday, February 13, 2012

My son is driving me nuts

I love my son dearly, but there are days where I really want to scream at him and ask him where the hell my sweet little baby went! Today is one of those days. Mommy is already tired and I don't want to hear snarky "I'm the boss of my life" comments coming out of the mouth of a seven year old. Yet this seems perfectly acceptable to my son. 

He knows the rules when he comes home from school he does a page from his homework packet BEFORE he gets to watch tv or play on the computer. Well, Mommy was nice and decided that since he was hungry and wanted to eat that I would allow him ONE 15 minutes episode of Mighty B. Well he was fine with that. So when I hear the music at the end of the show I tell him to come out and do his homework. he decided he is going to stand next to Papaw and talk to Papaw about the game on the computer. 

I. Do. Not. Think. So. Little. Man. I tell him to stop talking about the game and start his homework now or he is grounded. So he gets his homework and stares at it like it the hardest thing he has ever attempted to try. 17-4-4-3+? ...... REALLY?? A kid who loves math and wants to go to school for only math is pretending to have a freak out over this math question. I ask him, what is 17-4? I get the following as his answer: 4, 5, 12, 16, 18, 19... I even put up four fingers and tell him to count DOWN from 17 so I hear, 18 and 19 but NOT 16 come out of his mouth. I ask him AGAIN to count down and explain that 18 is counting up. So he stares at me like I am speaking Latin. I tell him to answer the question or lose the computer and tv for the night. He decides to fall over like I just murdered him in cold blood by daring to take the tv away from him. 

This is fun now, I tell him that he is grounded from electronics for the night and he runs to the room and throws himself on the bed. I go grab the Wii remote (he only watched Netflix through the Wii in the bedroom) and bring it out with me. Now all the sudden he is the sweetest damn kid in the entire world but still refuses to do any homework. Fine by me little man, if you want to fail second grade for being hard headed then GO FOR IT!

Mommy is not going to fight with you over your homework, I will just make your life a living hell. You will do all the cleaning that I was supposed to do today and I will require a smile on your face at all times. So be prepared to pick up the living room and bedroom floor, sweeping both, and doing the dishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment