Wednesday, February 29, 2012

What is my reoccurring nightmare?


When I was little I had a reaccuring nightmare where I was a princess (just like most little girls) but I was being chased by a killer. The building we were in was made completely out of glass and all the walls were shorter than 3 feet. So every room I would run through to get away from the killer was not as safe as I wanted it to be. As I ran into each room and shut the door behind me the killer would.just jump over the wall. There never seemed to be a way for me to get away from him. It felt like I was running away from him forever. He never got close enough to grab me, but he was close enough that I was scared out of my mind. I would have this dream almost weekly for 4 or 5 years.

Now as an adult I don't so much have a reaccuring nightmare but I have a reaccuring fear. I keep imagining that my son is going to grow to hate me. I do not feel that I am a bad mom, but I know I could be a better mom. My son knows I am there for him, but I also get irritated when I hear my name being called every five seconds and I may snap a little more than I should. So that turns into a fear that as he grows older he will turn his love for me into resentment. I do what I can with as little as I have. We are poor, but I don't want him to feel like a poor kid but he does. I have over heard him telling people "we are poor" or "my mommy has no money"

So there is no reaccuring nightmare as an adult, but there is the reaccuring 'day'mare.

No comments:

Post a Comment