Monday, December 24, 2012

Dream from Hell

Have you ever had one of those dreams where you wake up and go "What the hell?" Well, that happened to me the other night.

My son and I were back living in a homeless shelter. Because of where we were living my son had to go to the school that the shelter was in contract with. It was something I didn't understand but I knew he needed to go to school so I didn't say anything. On his first day of school I decided to ride the bus with him and the other kids from the shelter. I had to get to school myself and there was a bus stop down by his school that would get me to school faster than catching the one by the shelter.

We get to the school and they offered to give me and my son a tour of the school so we could see everything they offered. I am always curious about what the schools are like that my son has to be in. When he has been in more than 8 schools in his short little life I always want to make sure that the school is up to par and that my son will benefit from being there.

After the tour my son and I are standing around talking to some of the adults from the shelter that came with us. Then out of nowhere this woman walks up and I hear her say "Oh my God! He's the one! I want him!" I turn around to see her pointing at my son. My response was what the hell is she talking about? The woman walks up and takes my son by the arm and starts to walk away with him. Before she could get more than 2 feet I grab my sons are and tell her to get the hell off my son. She looks confused and turns the to person that was standing next to her. I couldn't hear everything they were saying to each other but I did manage to hear "these kids are for adoption, including him, right?"

HOLD UP! Adoption? Before anyone can say anything else I scream "He is my son, he is NOT for adoption. This is supposed to be a school. What the hell kind of school adopts out the children in it without telling their parents?"

The shelter we were in takes all the kids to this one 'school' and while the kids are in school they get adopted out. It may not happen their first day there but by the time their parents are ready to leave the shelter the kids are gone and there is nothing their parent can do.

I grabbed my son by the hand and ran as fast as I could out of that building. As soon as we hit the front door and were about to make it outside a hand touched my shoulder and I woke up.

I was in a cold sweat when I woke up. I had never been so happy to be awake but everything felt so real in my dream at the same time. I wish this dream was one of those that I could forget, but that hasn't happened yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment