Monday, December 17, 2012

The night I saw "Darkness Falls"



I was 19 years old and went with a group of friends. I love scary movies so I knew there was no way in hell this movie was going to scare me. I was WRONG!

My friends dropped me off at my place after the movie, I was living on my own. I was fine walking in, but then as soon as I unlocked my door I started to panic. Before I even opened the door I am mapping out my place and where are my lights were. I was trying to remember if I left any of my lights on or if my apartment was completely dark.

I push the door open to see that my apartment was TOTALY dark. Thank God the light in the hallway was bright enough that I was able to walk into my place to the first lamp and turn it on. Once that lamp was on I closed my door and locked it. I stood in that spot for a good three minutes trying to decide if I could turn on the other lamp and get to my room if I had enough light from the first one to turn on my kitchen light.

Then I remembered I had my broom sitting next to the fridge because I was too lazy to walk the 5 extra feet to put it away earlier that day. So I grabbed the broom and held the broom part to use the handle and flick on the kitchen light. Once the kitchen light was on I went back and turned out the first light then ran as fast as I could back to where the kitchen light was shining. Then I reached in the bathroom and turned that light on while pushing the door all the way open.

Standing next to the bathroom door I push my bedroom door open and just freeze. There are no over head lights in my room and the only lamp in that room was all the way by my bed. On the other side of the room. How in the hell was I going to get that light turned on? I figured I would risk it and hauled ass to the light to turn it on. The light was bright enough that I was able to go to my door and reach to turn off the bathroom light, just barely, almost fell on my face.

Once In my room I shut the door and got ready for bed. I climbed in bed. Pulled the covers over my face so I wouldn't accidentally look at any tooth fairies that might be in my room and turned out the light.



Thank God I was safe and in bed!!

NOT! Not even one minute later I realized I had to pee sooo bad! I laid in bed trying to decide if it was worth all the work to get the bathroom light back on or just say fuck it and go to bed and pray I don't have an accident. I decided to risk having an accident and went to sleep.

The next morning I woke up and text my best friend about what I went through when I got home. She didn't let me live that down for an entire freaking year. Almost 10 years later I am no longer embarrassed by what I went through and am ready to share it with the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment