Friday, May 17, 2013

No food for you!

My son knows that when I start the 30 minute countdown for bed time to tell me if he wants any last minute things to eat. Yet, he feels the need to wait until I say "It's bedtime go get ready" to tell me he wants food, or he will wait until he is in bed to tell me he wants food. He knows that there is no food after I say the words "bedtime" or when he is in his bed. I let him know when there is 30 minutes until bed, 20 minutes until bed, 15 minutes until bed, then 9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 minutes until bed. So tell me why when I say its time to go to bed he tells me he had no idea it was that close to bedtime.
Tonight I decided, since all he wanted was a toaster waffle, that I would allow him to eat it even though he waited until I said it was bedtime to ask for it. I was in a, somewhat, nice mood so why not? I pop the waffle in the toaster, warm up the syrup, and tell him to sit at the table. He proceeds to bitch that the chair is gross and he wants a cover for it. I tell him to get a paper towel and wipe it off so he does. Then I put the waffle on the table and put the syrup on the waffle and he is still refusing to sit at the table.
Apparently this chair had some pretty nasty invisible gunk on it because he is screaming like a banshee that the chair is nasty and he is not sitting on it without a cover. I am already loud by this point so I pull the chair out and tell him to stand there and eat his waffle then. He wasn't having that either. So I push the chair back in and say sit and eat or go to bed. My son starts screaming and getting pissed about the invisible gunk on this chair, he is starving, he doesn't want to sit, but he wants to eat. So I tell him he has 5 seconds to make up his mind or I will make it up for him. He continues to act like the world is over because of this chair so I tell him to go to bed. I know he is acting like an asshat because he is just tired and that he will never admit he is tired. So he decides to stab his waffle as hard as he can with his fork, storms off to the bedroom, slams the door shut, and throws himself into his bed. I calmly walked in, turned out the light, told him I loved him, and closed the door. Then I walked into the kitchen, sat in the contaminated chair, and ate his damn waffle.
I know he had to have been exhausted because I have not heard a peep out of his room since I closed the door. If he was really as hungry as he was acting he would have been carrying on until he cried/screamed himself to sleep. There are rules and if you don't want to follow them then you can tell your hungry tummy you will see it in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment