Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Marriage is... Part #2

For the past few days I have been asking people on my pages and groups to tell me what marriage is to them. I am trying to bring awarness that when many people talk about marriage they do not ever say it is only between a man and a woman. I have two pages, my personal profile, and a group that I am involved in and asked everyone. A few days ago I posted my first marriage based post and am following up with this post here. Marriage is NOT just for a man and a woman, it is for everyone in love that wants to be marriage to their partner and spend the rest of their life with their partners. There are a few responses I did not include. Those responses were basically talking about how marriage is a death trap and the end of their life. Not needed, but also not talking about man/woman marriages either. Here are the responses I got when asking people to tell me what marriage is.


Marriage is….
·         Currently protected under law in the U.S. allowing only certain individuals to marry, which is unfair and unconstitutional.

·         The platform to a stronger bond with your partner for life, your security in that relationship and the ability to raise children in a protected household, all of which I am denied right now.

·         A sharing and commitment of 2 lives till death do you part!

·         The joy of waking up next to your best friend for the rest of your life and the sheer agony of waking up next to the SAME PERSON for the...no wait...just the first part. Oh sue me, I'm a satirist. ;)

·          A right to which all Americans should be entitled.

·         A beautiful union between 2 people who love each!!! No matter the gender of both!!!!
·         one of the ultimate expressions of love between 2 people

·         A union of 2 people who love each other and share common interests and goals and want to share a life together.....Maybe that's too simple in today's complicated world..

·         The physical and legal announcement of two people who love and have committed the rest of their lives to one another!

·         Marriage, plain and simple.

·         A commitment between two loving people.

·         An institution every human being should be entitled to.

·         Something humans have celebrated before any organized religion.

·         A commitment of love between two people regardless of gender.

·         My right

·         Over 1000 rights that on any given day take ordinary objects that weave a tapas try that becomes life!

·         For heterosexual couples marriage provides over 1,400 rights and benefits at a cost of $50.00 at your County Court House, however if you are LGBT it cost over $10,000 to have the proper paperwork completed by an attorney to protect each person involve in the relationship that isn't recognized by the State of Ohio.

·         something that I want to have someday

·         Finding that person who's vision you share and who's bad habits don't get on your nerves. :) It shouldn't be able to be determined by any government who that is!

No comments:

Post a Comment