Thursday, July 19, 2012

Education is the most important.

So as I have mentioned in the blog before, I am going to school online. I started in August of 2010 and it is a 2 year program. I SHOULD be finished this year, but I have failed quite a bit of my classes and my GPA is craptastic! My adviser informed me over the weekend that if I do NOT get straight A's this term them my school is going to drop me. I have dedicated too much time to my school for that to happen. Plus I will lose my awesome laptop my son has covered in stickers if I leave before graduation. My laptop belongs to my school, it is on loan to me. I only get to keep it if I graduate, then it become my graduation present from my school. I have had almost 2years with this laptop, it has become attached to my hip. I might die if it has to leave me!
Anyways, I have decided this term I am going to dedicate as much time as humanly possible to my schooling. Two of my classes have already been failed at least once (one class I have failed 3x already) so I need to get my ass in gear. I have hated school since the 2nd grade. I had a teacher that was an absolute bitch to me and tormented me the entire school year. So ever since then I have pretty much hated school, given up on caring about school, and thought all teachers were evil demon lovers. Yet, when I made the choice to start college I was happy. I cannot wait to get my degree and start a career.
I watched my brother struggle with college. My parents made too much for financial aid, yet not enough to help him pay his tuition. So my brother took 6 years to get a 2 year degree. He would bust his ass to save money for tuition, go as many terms as he could, then take time off to earn more money for tuition. Now my brother has his college degree and I couldn't be happier. I wish that was my problem for it taking so long. I get financial aid, but I have a hard time studying. I have a reading comprehension problem and major test anxiety. What most people spend in time to learn something, it takes me three times longer. Even with studying, if I know the answers for the test, as soon as I sit down in front of the test I freak out and forget everything I knew before taking the test. It sucks, but it is something I have had to deal with for a very long time. I have always been embarrassed to admit it to my school, and I finally decided it was time to tell them. It is better late than never, right? Now I have to find someone to test me so I have proof for my school so I can apply for the IEC program, at least that is what I think it is.
Anyways. My college career is way too important to me for failure. I also hope that with my son seeing me struggle but never quitting that he will learn to do the same in school. My son is very smart and is in the 71st percentile in the nation for his grade. It would be higher, but he just refuses to try. Education is extremely important. Something I never would have said 8 years ago. I will be a college graduate and I will go on to great things! Just you wait and see!!

No comments:

Post a Comment