Thursday, July 19, 2012

When it rains it pours

I am grateful that my dad has been letting my son and I live with him for the past 16 months. If it wasn't for my dad I have no idea where me and my son would be. It has been stressful though, having to share a room with my son. I feel like neither one of us are getting the privacy that we deserve. My dad knows I cannot afford my share of the bills also. I get child support every week, and I had a part time job. I am able to pay for school and my cell phone with that money and that is about it. Then I hit a major road block.

The company I work for is a retail merchandising job that contracts there work with other companies. I had a steady job working 1 day a week at three different stores. I just got an email from them stating that the contract is up, but there may be another one coming. What that means for me, I currently have no work. I just lost part of my income. Not just a part of my income, a huge chunk of my income. The only way I can get work for them now is if they pick up this other contract, or they offer random jobs. The random jobs are very few and far between.

I am what I call "perma-stressed" and it is something I would like to get rid of. It just seems that every time I try to handle one thing that is stressing me out, I get hit with more. Trying to keep my head above water when it comes to school and now I have to figure out what I am going to do for money. I have never wanted to do welfare. I do have food stamps, I have to feed my son somehow, but when it comes to welfare there is always someone out there who needs it more than I do.

For just one day I would love to be able to feel relaxed and not have to worry about how I am going to get something done. One day this will happen for me. I just know it will. I know this because I refuse to let things like this hold me back. If someone tells me I can't do something it just makes me want to prove to you that I can do it. I will find another income, I will be successful in school, and I will have a stress free day.

No comments:

Post a Comment