Saturday, July 7, 2012

He is not broken... He is perfect!

When you have a new baby at home you worry about everything. Are the comfortable? Are they hungry? Do they need a new diaper? Am I going to corrupt my child? What the hell do I do with a baby that sleeps all the time? What if I drop the baby? Yet, no matter how much you prepare yourself for everything it still ends up going the exact opposite of what you think.

The first time I gave my son a bath I was terrified that I was going to get too much water near his face. I was hoping that he loved it. I also hoped that it would be easy. I had watched my mom give him a bath. I made her do it first because I was scared. So when it was my turn to give him a bath I put him in his little tub, I check the water, and I proceeded to give him a bath. I thought he was going to smile or something. Instead he screamed bloody murder. I thought the water was either too hot or he thought I was trying to kill him. As it turns out the child HATED water.


When he was two months old he woke up around 4 in the morning. My parents were asleep and I sucked at getting him back to sleep, my dad was the master of it. So I picked him up with a bottle to feed him, and went to the living room. I sat in the rocker to feed him and rock him back to sleep. He ate about half the bottle then started to doze off again. I fell asleep too! I think I had dozed off for a whole 3 minutes when I heard a thud and then crying. I woke up and noticed my son is no longer in my arms. I start panicking! He was on the floor! When I had him in my arms his head was in the crock of my arm and he was on his back. When I went to get him back off the floor he had flipped around to where he head was pointing towards my feet and he was on his stomach. How the hell he pulled that gymnastic move I still don't know!


With him back in my arms and still crying I ran to my parents room and woke up my mom in hysterics. I was screaming "I dropped him! I killed him! I..I..I.. MOMMY!" Then my mom starts laughing at me! She was like "You killed your son?" I hysterically screamed YES! Then she said "If he is dead how the hell is he crying??" Um...because I dropped him? It took her 5 minutes to calm me down, then she proceeded to tell me all the times I fell or was dropped as a baby. I would roll off the bed, I would roll of the couch, I would fall off her lap. My mother apparently had no grip on me when I was a baby lol.


I was petrified for months over the fact that my child hated me giving him a bath, and that I could drop him that easily, but looking back at it now I have great stories to tell my son and he thinks it is funny that I fell asleep and dropped him.

No comments:

Post a Comment