Friday, March 18, 2016

Challenge....... Accepted?

So my friend Robb noticed something on my facebook posts recently........and called me out for it. While they are positive posts, since I am working on losing weight and bettering myself, there is an underlying tone that he figured I was not aware of... So he called me out on it.Even though I am posting positive things I am also putting myself down at the same time.
Honestly, not something I realized I was doing, but it makes sense. I've been doing it my entire life. It was ingrained in my brain at a young age by certain family members and neighborhood kids that I was not a "worth while" person, so I tend to look at myself like I am a hot mess that constantly needs to change to be better, or accepted.
So, Robb has challenged me, starting tomorrow on my 32nd birthday, to spend my entire 32nd year of life finding the positive in EVERYTHING that I think is negative. If something happens that I think is negative, then I have to find the positive in it. If I hear something I think is negative, then I have to find a way to see a positive in it.You get the idea.
From March 19th, 2016 until March 19th, 2017 I have to find positives in EVERY SINGLE THING that I think is negative.
Because in Robb's words (but paraphrased because I don't remember everything because I don't always pay 100% attention, still love you though Robb) "You are not a mess that needs to change. You are already awesome, You are just trying to improve on yourself."
I told Robb I was reading personal development books, something I already knew I needed to do for myself, but also something I need to do as a Beachbody coach, but I also admitted I don't do the "homework" in the book, which of course he called me out on also, so I am adding that to this challenge. When I read my PD and come across the "homework" I will do it as soon as I get to it, and not when I finish the book like I originally planned. I will also go back to the book I already finished and do the "homework" in that one since I never did it.... :D
And because I know the few of you that actually read this will be as curious as Robb about whether or not I stick to it I am going to blog about it! At the end of the night I will write about my day and the "negative" that I turned into a positive.
Feel free to call me out if I miss a day as well, because I am positive that it will happen. I know myself very well.

*Ps.. getting called out on stuff like this is what happens when you have known someone for 25 years.......

No comments:

Post a Comment