Sunday, March 20, 2016

You're going the wrong way... Motards!!!

Today was not a very active day. I only left the house twice: once to go to the grocery store to get my son the slice of cheesecake I promised him last night and then to go to dinner when my dad got home from work.
Other than leaving the house I did my work out, played on the computer for a little bit, fell asleep in the recliner while attempting to watch TV, and then dealt with an extra whiny child.
At the store I was met with the annoying "lets drive the wrong way down the one way aisle" drivers, you know the ones that I am talking about. They don't care that the aisles are made to be driven down only one way, they want to go a certain way, so they are going to go that way, even if it is against the flow of traffic, and they are going to insist that you get out of their way so they can make it down to the opposite end and keep the pattern going until they find the parking spot they want, and then they will pull in at a weird and stupid angle, where they are barely in, but it's good enough for them.
If you can't tell, it annoys the ever loving piss out of me. Even walking into the store I looked at my son and said to myself "No way in hell am I even going to attempt to turn this shit into a positive!" to which my son replied "Yeah, it's got to be really hard for people like you. I mean, you really just really don't like most people. Where, people like me, can find the positive in most things, most of the time, you just hate everything." Sadly, my kid was spot on. I don't leave the house often because, as a whole, society pisses me off.
Then we get home and I notice that my son threw away 1/4 loaf of bread. When I ask him about it he tells me it was because the bread was dry, so I point out that it is because he doesn't close the bag the right way, then I show him how to close it so the bread doesn't dry out. Which instantly started him in on telling me that I am "making fun of him" and am "being really mean" which being accused of something I am not doing makes me want to do what I was not doing, simple because I was being accused of it.
If anything today showed me that I really need to work on my patience. While I know there are stupid drivers out there, there is also nothing I can do about them. The only thing I can do is focus on myself and what I am doing on the road. I can keep myself and whoever I have in my car safe while I follow the rules of the road (or the parking lot). When it comes to dealing with my son, when he thinks I am being mean, when I am not even raising my voice and only trying to show him how to do something differently I need to take a step back and breath before I continue, because it will eventually get to the point where I do become mean, only because I have become frustrated. I also need to learn to take a step back, breath, and reassess the situation.


No comments:

Post a Comment