Tuesday, March 22, 2016

I am a visual person

Again, today was a day where not much happened.
I got my son to school, pretty much on time, and did my job.
Then I came home and did my work out. I was a little nervous about it this morning though, because on Friday I thought my shin splints were coming back and that is NOT something I want to have to go through again, but I did my Cardio 2 workout with no problem.
I even had a backup plan, just in case I started to feel the pain in my left shin that I felt on Friday. IF I felt the pain I would just wait on the current workout I am doing (22 Minute Hard Corps) and go back to doing 21 Day Fix for another round (or two) until I dropped a little more weight. Maybe I weight too much for the type of cardio I am doing with this one, who knows. But, today was fine. The backup plan is still there, just in case. I will know more Wednesday when I have to do cardio again, since tomorrow is resistance day!
Then I went to the store to get myself a birthday present for myself, Mocking Jay Pt2!!! I also decided to get some jelly bracelets to try something a challenger in my current 21DF challenge group does to keep track of their containers. The portion control container system is color coded... green for veggies, purple for fruits, red for protein, so on and so forth. I printed out sheets to tally off how much of each container I eat with each meal, since I only get so many of each for the day, but there is also an app that can be used. I don't feel like paying for the app.
So, I got jelly bracelets. Every time I look at my right wrist I will physically see what I have left for the day, even when I am out to eat with my dad and son. When I eat a specific type of food I take the corresponding bracelet off. Today was the first day of doing that and it seems to be working well so far.
I have a crap ton of extra bracelets now, since I had to buy 2 packs to get the right amount of the colors I needed, so I decided to use the extra blue ones for my water bottle. I mean, it makes sense, right?
Blue... water...
Each blue bracelet on my water bottle stands for 8 ounces of water. My water bottle holds 2 1/2 cups of water, so each time I finish off the bottler I take 2 bracelets off of it before I fill it back up. Then when all 10 bracelets are off of it I know that I drank around 120 ounces of water. It's not quite as much water as I am supposed to drink at my current weight, but it's enough that I feel like I am swimming by the end of the night.. As I type this at 9:25 p.m. I still have 3 bracelets on my water bottle.. I am not sure I am going to be able to get those three off by the time I go to bed lol. If I do I will be up in the middle of the night running to the bathroom!
I know, I am not posting about the challenge, but there really was nothing "negative" that happened today. Today was a pretty decent day.
I managed to stay in a good mood, and positive, most of the day!
I even tried to help a mom with her car, after my shift during pick up, when her horn decided to start honking out of nowhere! It was so weird... and VERY loud!
So, Robby.. your challenge is becoming challenging to write about and I am only on day four!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment