Monday, March 21, 2016

Over sleeping, hotdogs, root beer, and karate....

I am only on day three of this challenge and I am quickly learning how little I actually do in my life.
Aside from taking my son to school, doing my crossing guard gig, and taking my son to his karate classes, I don't really do much.
I mean, I am a Beachbody coach, and I am trying to get that up and running, while working on myself, but I mean in regards to actually going out in the world... It doesn't happen...
This challenge I was given by my friend, not naming his name, Robert!, is going to be fun when I am at home for 90% of my day.

Anyways... this morning seemed like it was starting out like a typical day. My alarm clock was going off.. I was ignoring it.. As usual.
I couldn't figure out why my alarm clock was going off so early on a damn Sunday and it was annoying because I had to wake up enough to hit 'snooze' and then roll back over to go back to sleep.
At some point my son asked me if it was Monday and if he should be getting up and getting ready for school, to which I responded "No, it's only Sunday, go back to bed."
He didn't. He got up and got on his computer and started watching cartoons.
I stayed in bed, under my covers, where it was VERY comfortable and warm. And continued to hit 'snooze' on both my phone AND my actual alarm (which I never set on the weekends...........should have been clue number 1) until something told me to look at my fitness tracker on my wrist.
To what to my sleepy eyes should I read but the letters "M-O-N" right next to the number 21....
It was not Sunday at all, but it was Monday and my son was well being "just a few minutes" late for school.
I got he and I ready as quickly as I could, being still have in a dozed out stupor and I got him to school. My son informed me that the school secretary already doesn't like him because he is always running late, because we always over sleep, so I nicely said "Tell her to shove it" and told him I loved him and would see him when he got picked up after school.
I got my really quick grocery trip done to pick up my dad some more lunch meat, came home and did my workout.
Then after my son got picked up from school I did my crossing guard gig, and we went to opening day at our favorite place to eat in the spring and summer (since those are the only 2 seasons this place is open) and had the best root beer, hot dogs, and extra salty popcorn that could be had. The boy had karate a little later in the day, which went well, they are learning how to flip people in self defense right now, and then we came home.
I have to say... nothing really happened today that I consider a negative.
On a day where I get to over sleep and don't miss a seriously important meeting or phone call.... I consider that a win. If my son was late to school and missed music class big whoop. I'm not going to stress about that.
So, I am at a loss as to what happened today, that I considered negative, that I need to find the positive in.
Today was a good day. It was a really good day.
I mean, my son was whiny, but that is an almost every day thing. It comes with the territory with ADHD, ODD, and anxiety... I just deal with it and tell him to breath and speak without whining.
Maybe tomorrow I will have something that needed to be spun into a positive.. but, today way positive from the moment I finally realized it was actually Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment