Saturday, March 19, 2016

It's my birthday and I want to party

So, today is my birthday. I am 32 years young. Nothing new with this birthday. I woke up, made breakfast, got my son squared away so he could ignore me as he got sucked into the little world he is creating on his computer, and I checked things on my phone and computer.
Except, this morning I had to reschedule my birthday party because my best friend's health isn't doing so well.
My party was to be held at her house, since she is a neat freak and her place is the cleanest one I could think of I immediately thought of her apartment when I thought of where I could hold my "adults only" birthday party.
The party had been up in the air though this past week because my best friend spent all of last weekend in the hospital deal with a pretty serious physical issue. As we hoped she would get better, she seemed to be getting worse. That being said I decided to post-pone my party and let my friend focus on her health instead of feeling bad thinking she upset me because of having to post-pone my party.
Normally, this is something I would have thought of as a negative. Another birthday party, or birthDAY that did not go as planned. This seems to be a running thing with me. Not one single birthday, that I can remember, has ever gone the way I planned it. However, I am now to find the positive in every thing that I think is a negative.
My positive (out of a negative) is that even though my birthday party got postponed I was able to go out to diner with my dad and my son for my birthday, which I would have missed had I gone to my "adults only" birthday party instead, and I was able to meet up with a friend that I had not seen in almost a year and have a drink or two with her while we caught up with each other for about two hours.
It is not often that I get "adult time" away from my son, because I don't have a babysitter and don't like asking my dad to watch my son very often, but it was nice, even if only for 2 hours and 15 minutes, to go to the pub and spend some time with a friend that I have known since middle school. This also took some stress and pressure off my best friend since she didn't have to worry about a group of people coming to her home for a few hours, while she felt like shit, and gave her more time to rest and take care of herself. I hope she starts to feel better soon as well!!


No comments:

Post a Comment