Wednesday, March 23, 2016

It's only failure if I give up

I decided to write this one early (well, early compared to the first four I have written).
On Friday it felt like my shin splints were coming back while I was going one of the cardio workouts for my 22 Minute Hard Core workout out, which made me nervous since it hasn't been THAT long since I finally got rid of my shin splints from when I attempted jogging.
So, I took it easy with resistance on Sunday and Monday, I was ok with the cardio Tuesday, and I was ok with the resistance this morning. 
However, a few hours later I started noticing pain in my shins as I was doing my pacing on my crossing guard gig. 
Looks like it is time to fall back on my backup plan.
I mean, that is what a backup plan is for, right? Something to fall back on...
So, I am turning this negative (my possible shin splints) into a positive by doing a second round of 21 Day Fix, maybe a third, and then going back to try 22 Minute Hard Corps again after I drop a little more weight. 
It does NOT mean I failed because I have to go back to a less "intense" workout, it just means that I have to work around what my body can physically handle at this point.
It is only considered a failure if I stop working out and give up completely. 
I will keep up with my clean eating. 
I will go back to doubling up on 21DF workouts when I can.
I will try 22MHC in 3-6 weeks and then HOPEFULLY my shins are ready for the amount of jumping that is needed for Tony Horton's workouts!
I can still do the resistance workouts that don't require jumping, and the core workouts from 22MHC, just to add a little something extra to my workouts. That way I can still look at the eye candy that is Tony Horton.... very easy on the eyes when working out lol.
In the past month and a half, almost two months I have come so far from who I used to be.
I used to be the girl that would eat nothing unless it came from a can or a box, could be heated up in the microwave or quickly on the stove.
Snack cakes were my best friend.
And I got a milkshake every single time I stopped at the ice cream parlor to get my son his weekly ice cream after his karate class.
I never said no to junk food. Food was my best friend.
I also thought that if I went to kickboxing class 3x a week and counted my calories, even though it was all the wrong calories, that I was still going to lose weight. Yet, I never lost more than half a pound in two weeks, and I couldn't understand why I wasn't.
Then I found 21DF and started eating clean and working out 6 days a week. Yes, I have slipped and have had junk food. But, I lost 15 pounds and only gained back 3 or 4 pounds during my 3 day slip-up.
Suffice it to say.. if I have to use my backup plan for a while, then I will. I will use my backup plan until my body is ready for me to move to more intense workout programs.
Because I will NEVER go back to who I was before.
She was tired and unhappy.
I am happier and less tired.
So, this is me refusing to give up, and refusing to let my negative for the day hold me back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment