Wednesday, December 13, 2017

31 Day Blog Challenge: Day 13

What is my earliest memory?

I have actually surprised my parents before with remembering things they didn't think I was going to remember.

I don't have many memories from before 1st grade, but the earliest one I can think of is from preschool.

There are a few things I remember from preschool and I can't remember which one is the earliest, so I will talk about all of them.

I remember me and my brother went to the same preschool, but in different classrooms since he is younger than me. Funny enough, both of our teachers had the same name. Sometimes our teachers would get both of our classes together for play time, which I loved, because I got to play with my brother.

Every recess we got a snack of red kool-aid and graham crackers. My brother and I were always trying to figure out how to gross out our classmates. So, one day we decided to dunk our graham crackers into the kool-aid and eat it. Grossed out our classmates, but I remember it actually tasting pretty good. After that we decided to do that each time we had that snack.

There was another time where we couldn't go outside, so my class went to my brother class since they had a bigger room. In one of the big closets they had this monkey bar thing they would pull out for recess. One day I was trying to show off in front of a boy I liked (yes I thought boys were cute even when I was 4), so I climbed up on the monkey bars and started hanging upside down. Only problem.... I was wearing a dress... and I was too scared to get down. I started crying that I was stuck and had to hang upside down with my dress over my head, while waiting for one of the teachers to help me get down.

My last memory from preschool involves the Christmas play, which is fitting that I am doing this challenge during December. All the preschool classes, I think there were four, were going to do "The Night Before Christmas" as our play. I was a mouse. Well, one of three mice. I was also pissed about it. The kid playing the dad couldn't remember his lines for shit. I would get into it with the teacher about how I should play the dad since I knew all his lines. During rehearsal I would even say his lines out loud to prove to the teacher I needed the part. I never got the part and had to sit on the stage dressed as a mouse the entire play. My dad told me I was the most unhappy mouse he'd ever seen, I sat on the state the entire time with a scowl on my face.

Those are my earliest memories.

What is your earliest memory?

No comments:

Post a Comment